I like using mullein oil to finish various dishes (added at the end and not heated); salad dressing, pasta, bruchetta, soups, focaccia, pizza etc.
Mullein flowers, Garlic & Olive Oil
How it goes
- Filll a jar with mullein flowers
- Add in 4 cloves sliced garlic
- Completely cover with olive oil (Any carrier oils like Argan/ Sweet Almond /Sunflower can also be used)
- Place muslin over the top of the jar & hold in place with an elastic band. This serves to allow any air bubbles from the fresh flowers to escape
- Place in a sunny location. Remove muslin after 4 days and replace with the jar lid
- Shake daily, keeping flowers submerged in the oil
- Use new muslin to strain after 2 weeks , leaving any water behind
- Pour into dark bottle for use when needed. It will keep for a year.